UEP Zinc Manganese Dioxide – Zeus 1.0 Energy Storage System
- ZEUS 1.0 is a versatile largescale energy storage system that is scalable to the space, power, and energy requirements of any site.
- The ZEUS 1.0 energy storage systems are capable of operating in grid-tied or micro-grid mode.
- ZEUS 1.0 is optimized for cost, performance, and ease of installation.
The UEP Zeus 1.0 is the first Zinc Manganese Dioxide energy storage system to fulfill the need for large-scale power with built-in capability to integrate with solar PV.
Key Alkaline Battery Performance Factors:
- Power Density
- Usable/ Lifespan/ Cycle Count
- Initial Cost
- Maintenance Cost
- Operating Temperature.
Flexible offering designed for commercial and utility-scale projects.
- Modular inverter allowing flexible configuration.
- Integrate solar PV with DC coupling
Proven Inverter & Battery Technology
- One ZEUS 1.0 includes 1,260 battery modules.
- Configurable for 2 – 10+ hour charge/discharge
Turnkey solution for low-cost rapid deployment.
- Re-assembled and pre-tested at UEP’s NY Factory
- No DC connections required onsite.
ZEUS 1.0 is a customizable energy system capable of being sized according to customer needs. Below are specifications for standard system sizes available without customization.
|AC Voltage||400-480 VAC 3 Phase|
|Power Range||500-1500 kW|
AC Power/ Energy Available per ZEUS 1.0
5 hrs: 750 kW/ 3750 kWh
(2 hr: 1000kW/ 2000kWh)
|Inverter Size at 480 V||
5 hr: Scalable to 900kVA
2 hr: Scalable to 1500kVA
|Solar PV||Direct DC Coupled|
Mechanical & Mounting
W 7125 mm (23 ft 5 in)
D 2000 mm ( 6 ft 5 in)
H 2516 mm ( 8 ft 3 in)
|Operating Ambient Temperature.||– 20°C to 60°C|
|Zinc Manganese Dioxide Cells||UL 1973|
Regulatory & Communications
Standard System Specifications
|AC Power/ Energy Available per Megapack*||Roundtrip System Efficiency*|
|5 Hr Standard||750kW / 3750kWh||90%|
|2 Hr Standard||1000kW / 2000kWh||87%|
*Nominal energy at 25°C ( 77°F) including thermal management loads, Day 1.